Friday, July 17, 2009

Hail to the Princess Aurora!

Hey everyone sorry for the long absence....all I can say is it's summer! But none the less I wanted to share with you guys what I've worked on these past two months. The first cake was for a little girl named Mia Rose, she turned 4 on the 28th of June. Like most girls she loves pink and my favorite Disney Princess Aurora (aka Sleeping Beauty). When talking to her mom she told me she wanted something different (at least different from a regular sheet cake), very girlie and PINK! This cake needed to serve 100 people so I went with a 10" & 12" square cake, gum paste flowers, and a diamond impression all over. Lately I've been messing with sugar paste figures, but there was no way I was going to do Aurora justice so I opted and bought a princess doll. I think it came out pretty cute! Here it is....

Close up of the top of the cake. The roses were an ivory base with pink shimmer on them, you can't really see it in the picture but they were pretty! The little blossoms were made from my favorite cutter and veiner set from sunflower sugar art.

The sides were marked with a diamond impression and then I piped the "pearls" at the intersection points. Made the plaque out of fondant and had it dry overnight, then dusted it with more pink shimmer.


Along with the cake Mia's mom ordered 75 decorated sugar cookies to hand out. Each cookie was pain-stankinly hand piped with a tip 1 for the writing.
Cake and cookies together.


I love Disney and I love cake, to have them together what a dream! Hope you guys like this cause I did.




No comments:

Post a Comment